My good friend and renowned publicist, Leigh Cort, announces a contest that could win you a vacation to my hometown: St. Augustine.
Sherry Stoppelbein’s line of Datil B Good hot sauces, jams, jellies, pickles, relish, salsa and BBQ glaze usually make the coveted lists of “Ultimate Southern Food Guides’ with their fresh sweet heat zing. The hot little datil pepper is a great inspiration for recipe contest aficionados to enter a favorite meatball recipe in the Sweet & Sassy Meatball Contest. And the holiday season is a perfect time to get creative and put some sweet & sassy meatballs on the menu whether you prefer them made with pork, beef, chicken or vegetarian.
Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Hot Shot Bakery, the Top 10 finalist recipes for Sweet & Sassy Meatballs will be invited to join Sherry Stoppelbein on Saturday, November 15 at the Hot Shot Bakery in historic St. Augustine where their meatballs will be sampled and judged by regional celebrity judges.
Win a St. Augustine Vacation
One “best” recipe will win a getaway at the historic St. Francis Inn (Have a look at my previous story on the Inn), plus take home a yummy collection of Hot Shot Bakery’s datil sauces, jams, mustards and jellies. (Mango Dipping Sauce, Nolby’s Hot Mustard, Sloppy good BBQ Sauce, Datil Pear Relish, Datil Citrus Jam and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Degree Burn Hot Sauce.
The Grand Prize Winner
The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- Overnight stay for two at the beautiful, historic St. Francis Inn (Sunday thru Thursday excluding holiday periods). All Inn amenities including breakfast and afternoon social hour with homemade refreshments. www.StFrancisInn.com
- Sumptuous breakfast buffet for two at the St. Francis Inn
- Complimentary bicycles for two to tour St. Augustine
- Evening desserts at the St. Francis Inn for two
- Lunch for two at Hot Shot Bakery
- An assorted case of Datil B Good Jams, Condiments and Hot Sauce
- The prize-winning recipe will be incorporated into one of the restaurant’s menus!
Send an email with the subject “Sweet & Sassy Recipe” to Leigh Cort Publicity by November 1, 2014. In the email message, include:
- Recipe & NAME OF RECIPE
- A brief story about the recipe, not to exceed 100 words
- Name, address, telephone # and email (No previously published recipes will be considered).
- All ingredients and preparation instructions.
- A photo of the dish
Top 10 Finalists will bring 12 meatballs to Hot Shot Bakery on November 15 at 12:00noon for tasting competition. Judges include: Nancy White, Food Journalist, Allie Olsen, SimplyStAugustine, Monica Stouder, food photographer/journalist.
Who Can Enter
Entrants must be 18 or over. There are no substitutions or transfer of prizes. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. By acceptance of prizes, winners consent to use of their names and/or photographs for publicity purposes without further compensation. Finalists will be notified by November 3, 2014.
Note: For 25 years, Sherry Stoppelbein has been growing datil peppers that only thrive in St. Augustine where the climate, soil and humidity are perfect for each year’s crop. Her Hot Shot Bakery is one of St. Augustine’s favorite restaurants for breakfast & lunch where many dishes are prepared or garnished with Datil B Good condiments and sauces.
Hot Shot Bakery and Cafe
8 Granada Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084